Salut! I'm Layla, author of this blog. I write about beauty and fashion but also try to add in some different posts every once in awhile to break it up. I have a twitter and a youtube which I'll post links to. Be sure to follow me on twitter and subscribe to my youtube. Enjoy the blog! (: http://www.youtube.com/user/foreverachild03
Follow foreverachild03 on Twitter


About Me

My photo
I'm a girl who is interested in the usual things... makeup, hair, skincare, boys, tanning (no sun! obviously (: ) and the not so usual... geography ( I can be handed a blank map of Europe and name every country... yes, even Czechoslovakia ), spelling, drawing, swimming, philosophy, Greek mythology, history, and traveling. I decided to get this blog to kill time and I hope it's fun. Let's cross our fingers!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Hair

Lately I've noticed that magazines are saying it's time to lighten up!... your hair!

Here's how it goes:
Blondes go Gold
Redheads go Strawberry Blonde
Brunettes go Caramel
Deep Brunettes/Black hair go Medium brown with a few highlights

I thought this was a great idea, even though it's not a new one.

First, I'll give you some background on my hair. (which might hint why I want to change color) :
I wash my hair every 1 to 2 days, depending on if I sweat that day, if it's been recently dyed or the season.
Dying my hair cuts my hair oils in half, which is great.
My hair HAS been dyed numerous times, because I love change and often get bored of my hair color.
My hair is in no means damaged, due to deep conditioning and using heat sparingly.
I've dyed my hair black, bleached it blonde, and dyed it three shades of red.
The texture is fine, but I have ALOT of that fine hair. (which according to my stylist, takes a long time to cut)
It is naturally wavy-ish, beachy-ish. I don't really need a salt spray for beachy waves!

I've been admiring Lauren Conrad's hair and I'm seriously considering lightening up for summer.


P.S. If you want a hair routine, just leave a comment & ask, or tweet me!
-Avec l'amour de Layla

No comments:

Post a Comment